Taking two completely different paths didn’t stop sisters Ginny and Arianna Gerig taking the court with one another to start the season for the Staples girls basketball team. The duo is a major reason why the Wreckers are off to a 6-1 start and are one win away from officially qualifying for the state tournament, something they didn’t do a year ago. The sky is the limit for her; I think she can play high-level college basketball. Arianna — who began playing in third grade and helped lead PAL teams to honors in middle school — learned the foundation of the game from her father, who stands 6-foot-9 and spent time on the court at Princeton University. “When I was younger I went out and shot with him, worked on one-handed form, shooting, defense and post moves,” Arianna described. Arianna has offered a ball-handling and scoring punch on offense while Ginny has protected the paint in key moments of close games.
- Girls Celebrate A Wonderful 2021-2022 Season!!! Thank you Coaches and Parents! March 22, 2022
- (no title) March 9, 2022
- Please join us for the CIAC Girls Basketball Tournament! February 27, 2022
- Everyone Contributes to Team Victory Over Norwalk, Sealing a Winning Season for the Wreckers!!! February 16, 2022
- Staples Bows to an Undefeated St. Joseph’s Team February 15, 2022
Select Postings by Category
- Follow Staples Girls Basketball on WordPress.com